View Single Post
Old Jul 4th, 2016, 09:06   #15
volvotwofortyfive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGBiFuel View Post
You don't say what car you own, but if it's hard to get to I will assume a 2001+ v70. I've never worked on one, my 1999 distributor is easy to get to, I think yours is under the intake manifold.

Here are pics showing mine. Only removela of stepper sorry. I have the earlier type regulator. If you can remove the stepper and shoot Injector cleaner into the barrel of the distributor this will help, but...

Cleaning will not harm things, but it sounds to me like you have a faulty stepper, but my guess is Alien Abduction

Bulkhead mounted by top engine mount, mine is very easy to work on. Pour injector cleaner down distributor and leave for 4-5 hours or longer.
Hello,
exactly: my car is a 2003 V70 Mk2. In this model, Volvo decided to complicate the easy mount... The distributor, as you said, is under the intake manifold; its back is practically attached to the engine block and the front of the distributor is at less of two inches far from the radiator fan: it's pratically impossible to make anything, as I can, I'll post a picture.

I made a test: in a LPG mode I unplugged the top electric plug (it should be the stepper motor wiring) and the car immediatly has passed in petrol mode; subsequently, ever in LPG mode, I unplugged the bottom electric plug: the engine has stopped immediatly, as it happens while driving. It may give some suggestion?

Last edited by volvotwofortyfive; Jul 4th, 2016 at 09:24.
volvotwofortyfive is offline   Reply With Quote