View Single Post
Old Sep 17th, 2014, 11:53   #18
Steve940estate
Steam Driven PC Owner.

Thanks for explaining the rules regarding engine swaps. It sounds like I shouldn't have been asked for an engineers report last year, or the year before. This was my main reason for not using your company and and you have lost two years buisiness because of it

The comment about being ripped off wasn't only aimed at your company but the way insurance companies in general deal with modified cars. Sorry if it sounded that way.
For example if I had a 998cc Mini and fit the engine from a 1275cc Mini I would pay what it costs for the 1275cc Mini plus an extra amount just because it's modified.

The quote I got this year was pretty much the same as it would be for a standard car. If it had been explained that you now look at modified cars in a different way and could offer a more accurate quote instead of just adding a fixed extra amount for a modified vehicle that would have been great.

This year you have given me the cheapest quote. Because I haven't been given a complete explanation why it's so much better then previous years or if I will be able to get a similar rate next year I am reluctant to change from the company I am currently with.
I will contact your company directly if I have any furthur questions, thanks for trying to help.
Steve940estate is offline   Reply With Quote