View Single Post
Old Dec 18th, 2023, 12:37   #2686
V70Gavin

Quote:
Originally Posted by V70Gavin View Post
I have been following this thread with interest since my 65 reg XC70 D4 had EGR issues in June 2020 at 69k miles just 3 months after I bought it. Taking advice from the forum I managed to get 50% goodwill from Volvo Head Office for a replacement EGR (cooler not changed). It has had a full Volvo service history so software is up to date.

Engine check light has come on (now at 128k miles) and it is the dreaded P04D9 low flow detected code. Cleared it twice, came back very quickly.

Car now at Cambridge Volvo (Petersfield) for them to take the code reading and put the report into their service system.

I have no doubt that I will have to battle with Head Office again and don't feel inclined to accept 50% this time. What advice does anyone have as to how to argue for 100%?

Yours hopefully, Gavin

I have just had the answer back from the Volvo Garage.....a mighty 10% on what will probably amount to £900 of work (remove, replace cooler).

I have raised a complaint with Volvo but still very keen to hear any advice you may have on how to word the complaint.

Many thanks, Gavin