Thread: Engine: 2.3 Carb B23A/B230K: - B230K engine conversion to B230FT
View Single Post
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 17:57   #9
Mike_Brace
Former contributor

In the manual for the 740 turbo there are only a few pages relevant to the engine wiring. The manual is for a 1985 and there may possibly be slight variations for different years. As this is a carburetor car all wiring will basically be needed from scratch using the circuits as shown on the 740 diagram.
With the fuel pumps you would be best off getting these from a 240 with mechanical injection (better fuel pumps) as well as fuel lines (high pressure + return) and as the wiring for them is already in place in the vehicle (I should have wiring diagram for the mechanical injection as well)
If you are wanting these scanned I can probably mange this for you but will find the books and see if my daughter has time to scan them. Will see what I can do.
One other issue - the automatic transmission should take power ok but you will need to sort out about a flywheel for the auto unless the donor car is an auto which will be the easiest way. With the autobox however it will only take standard power. You will not be able to up the boost pressure, chip the ecu with this set up.

Mike

Mike_Brace is offline   Reply With Quote