View Single Post
Old Apr 3rd, 2012, 17:52   #5
ElGreco

Thank you all for your replies! These are really helpful!

I was notified few hours ago that my Turbo has normal fatigue signs considering the 193.000km and is fully servicable. They found some oil and "oil mud" but they (turbodynamics) do not believe that the turbo was the reason of the 2lt per 3000km oil consumption. If it was the turbo using that much oil it would be dead a long time ago they said.

So, the "good" news is that just by using a standard kit of parts (and 245euros) I will have my turbo fully serviced. Please note that I am going to need another 550 euros to pay to Volvo for uninstalling-reinstalling the turbo plus cleaning the intercooler, changing gaskets, hoses, Oil separator etc

The bad news (apart from the price) is that I have to look for other "places" to locate the reason of the high oil consumption. The engine has NOT been thoroughly checked yet, but the initial estimate of Volvo engineers was that it was the turbo and that i should start with it, like i did.

Do not know what to say

The only other thing I would like to mention is that almost all hoses are full of oil deposits and that there is no oil smoke coming out of the engine or driping below the engine.

Regarding the ICV cleaning, I asked them to do it without charging anything and if they cannot I will do it just by following the instructions of this forum! Its a pitty that all this Turbo maintenance procedure is highly overpriced here in Greece as @gatos mentioned earlier.

My only hope from now on is not to find any serious problem with the engine!!!

Thank you guys,
I really appreciate your feedback!

Note:
1.There was absolutely NO PLACE to find throttle body cleaner spray for the ICV here in Greece. If I do it I will probably use Carb spray cleaner.
2.It took Volvo quite some time to order the correct gasket for ICV (if you have its part number that would be nice) because for models earlier than 2004 the parts per car database Volvo has is really poor!

Last edited by ElGreco; Apr 3rd, 2012 at 18:01.
ElGreco is offline   Reply With Quote