View Single Post
Old Dec 19th, 2018, 09:32   #88
kelpie

Default endless problems

xc60 D5 2012 with 70k. Bought just over a year ago from Volvo with Selekt policy.
Returned car as too noisy, replaced one injector - suggested they replaced all but it was refused. Very little difference. Returned car a couple of months later with same problem - replaced another injector. Still refused to replace all of them. In the meantime car had been back and forth with auto gearbox problems - eventually replaced unit. But used recon unit and not new !
Warranty expired and two weeks later EGR valve packed up - no leeway on warranty. On plus side car now drives much better and slightly quieter - should they have picked this up earlier ?!
I believe the Volvo warranty is a smokescreen that Volvo hide behind. Any borderline problem and Volvo will hide behind the rules of the warranty company.All of my complaints were referred to the warranty company and
I was told it was out of Volvo's hands.
Also, I believe garages will take in a 2nd hand car without doing a full
test/service knowing that any major fault will be covered on a warranty policy, after sale , thereby saving them the cost of rectifying said problem.
My car cannot have had a particularly thorough check otherwise they might have noticed the worn wiper blades and feathering to both rear tyres !!
kelpie is offline   Reply With Quote