View Single Post
Old Jul 3rd, 2020, 14:07   #32
zapcity1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk1972 View Post
So, im home now. Went past a mate who MOTs cars. Seems fine underneath, bushes seem ok.

Its been painted and I reckon I will need to mop some of it. I rang up that cayman garage about the roof, plot out a plan b / c in the event I cant fix the roof. !68 to diagnose and then they will tell me how much I need to spend. Christ. I will herefore do this myself.

Ive noticed on the window switches that I have a button that drops all the windows, so Im assuming the up switch is for all the windows to go up yes ? Well the down button works, but the up button doesnt. When I press up I can hear the door locks flicker and the little red led flash ? So Im wondering if that issue is preventing the roof, as a safe mech.

Thoughts ?
Good point on the windows. According to the system operation doc. the Passenger Door Module (PDM), Driver Door Module (DDM), Left Rear Door Module (LDM) and Right Rear Door Module (RDM) receive a message from Convertible Roof Module (CRM) via CAN and LIN in order to initiate the 'window drop' function during roof operation, so maybe this prevents the roof coming up as it doesn't know where the windows are positioned.

Last edited by zapcity1; Jul 3rd, 2020 at 14:12.
zapcity1 is offline   Reply With Quote