Thread: TD-603 Audio
View Single Post
Old Jun 25th, 2021, 02:15   #8
Jungle_Jim
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
A good piece John, I’d certainly agree it is worth having a go at replacing the larger components (capacitors and resistors) on older equipment - it is no more difficult than building a Radio Shack kit. It is worth getting a multimeter that can test capacitors and diodes - good advice.

The counter is that okay-ish ICE has become so cheap to buy new that nothing much is really worth fixing any more (unless, like you, one wants to keep the original look of the motor car).

Alan
Thanks Alan
It's true that most things electronic are no longer economical to repair - it being hard to compete with the low prices of goods which come from sweatshops in China etc.

But having said that - after refurbing the TD-603 and doing the Bluetooth mod I ended up with a really usable car stereo with Bluetooth and Aux in - for a total of about £40 - and - well yes you could probably get a budget no-brand Bluetooth car stereo for almost that price if you don't mind garish flashing lights! Those kinds of cheap tacky stereos always look wrong in older cars. (Plus you'd have to splice in new wiring and connectors which bypassed the amp lower down in the dash).

Apologies - I don't mean to hijack this thread - back to the matter at hand.

John
Jungle_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jungle_Jim For This Useful Post: