View Single Post
Old Apr 8th, 2021, 16:21   #25
827Roverman
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 827Roverman View Post
I've been in touch with my insurance company FJ, they are looking into the price hike of approx £132 from last year and have promised to come back to me for Friday, meantime I've been shopping around, cheapest so far is Direct Line for £347.20 thats for standard car insurance, but I want an agreed valuation, salvage retention,etc type of policy, just out of interest I tried the VOC insurance Chis Knott, firstly they refused to insure it because its not in a garage overnight, then they gave me a quote of just over £800, today I'm going to try Hagerty, Lancaster, Towergate , David.
A further update on insurance quote, firstly, Hagerty would not quote me because my Volvo is my only car, and suggested I phone Adrian Flux, then Lancaster who very kindly gave me a quote of £1100.26, again, then I tried Towergate, turns out they are a subsidiary of FJ who I'm already with so no point in pursuing that, so I decided to phone my insurer FJ, after a brief chat about the £132 increase since last year, they agreed it was excessive and looked into it whilst I was on the phone, they have revised my renewal quote from £456.68 to £360.12 roughly a £35 increase from last year, so I decided to accept that. my policy remains the same, shows & events, European motoring, non standard audio, spare parts, salvage retention, agreed valuation of £3500, legal protection, Rac breakdown cover-roadside recovery,onward travel, homestart etc. so the hassle is done for another year. David.
827Roverman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 827Roverman For This Useful Post: