View Single Post
Old Jun 16th, 2018, 07:33   #10
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJC30 View Post
Thanks Quacker that’s pretty much where it is fitted I would have gone for a different cam but went with the dealer advice that this model is the one endorsed by Volvo they supplied and fit for £240 I’m going back to them today to see if they can make it fit for purpose as anything driver side is pretty much obscured. My Xc60 is one of the last model registered Sept 17 does that put me in the wrong forum ? I don’t think dash cams can be fitted to the latest xc60 with touch screen due to conflict with safety features (says the dealer).
I really didn’t want a cam in the first place put went that way because of hearing of incidents like the white van mans rear ending then doing a runner I’m now thinking rear view too anything to make life easier if the worst happens.
I can assure you that dashcams can be fitted to the latest models with no problem. Sounds like your dealer will say anything that suits their purpose whether accurate and true or not.
I fitted a rear dashcam to my XC90 in about ten minutes the other week. It is discreet but since I don’t have privacy glass, not invisible. I used the DDPai mini2 model and it works perfectly for well under £100. I’ve a similar Goluk unit at the front. The Goluk has the better app, but there’s not much in it.

I fitted a complete front and back wire-linked combination set on my Qashqai a month or two ago that is even more discreet. Unfortunately that set has no Wi-fi or app, so the card has to be removed for viewing and downloading clips. It was cheap though. Techmoan on YouTube did a mainly positive review on it and it promptly went up in price then sold out. https://youtu.be/DGXiXz6QXQ4
This took about an hour to fit, because it was my first time to run a wire front to back and the wire is thick, but was easy once I planned a route at the top, and completely invisible.

Ddpai https://youtu.be/OqPSs_fkLnw To fit this at the back you just stick it to the rear screen in an area at the top centre where the wiper sweeps and tidily run a wire up to the top, bridge the hatch gap and tuck it discreetly behind the seal as much as possible, then cross the seal near to or at the bottom and into the boot to the car’s auxiliary power socket. If you run a fridge or something from that socket, best to hard wire the cam using a hard wire kit, which costs approx £10
The ddpai has a mirror-image recording facility for rear recording if you prefer it that way.

Last edited by Quacker; Jun 16th, 2018 at 07:39.
Quacker is offline   Reply With Quote