View Single Post
Old Jun 13th, 2021, 22:14   #88
Two340'sman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
That'll be 95 octane then. Maybe less if the fuel suppliers can get away with it. Try running it on BP Ultimate instead (make sure you get the petrol Ultimate and NOT the Diesel Ultimate!) as i think you might just be surprised how much better it runs.

There have been many PRV V6s (the earlier ones with more Renault involvement) that have run like a bag of spanners and then better petrol was used and hey presto, no more problems! I know my B280E doesn't like supermarket fuel, i won't use Tesco fuel except in dire emergencies as it killed at least 2, possibly 3 Lambda sensors in short order on my other beast and only returned about 2/3 of the economy it should have done. I've tried Shell V-Power, was good when it first came out, now as bad as supermarket fuels.
Also my other beast doesn't like supermarket fuels either, returns much better running, economy and power on BP Ultimate. Could be something as simple as that on yours.

Worth checking that T piece as Clan advised, i thought you'd already checked for air leaks though?
Yes, did check for air leaks, but worth checking again. I had thought about where I was going to top up from when tank is even lower. Some petrol stations around here have closed, I suppose electric cars may have something to do with it.
Two340'sman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Two340'sman For This Useful Post: