View Single Post
Old Oct 11th, 2010, 21:08   #22
BestGear
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdabuilda View Post
Hmm not the best pics but here you go....
With the money I saved I'd like to get an RSE but one with the dvd players within the headrest and a HDD linkup... Has anyone had the ebay ones fitted with the zip covers?
Neat painting there... very discreet!

If you do go for the non-OEM "Ebay" headrests...remember what I said - ensure that the cables come (or can be modified to) come out from the fabric at the base of the headrest and not just from the headrest mounting pole as you will not get that to fit through the volvo seat back mounting holes... and ensure that the poles are 12mm diameter....

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showpo...1&postcount=17

It should be easiy enough to get that sorted - great value for not much cash - headrest monitors with or without integrated DVDs are very cheap now... what about a media player like mine in place of a DVD?

These headrests look ok, and at £130 or so quid are a good deal... see what I mean re the cables from the poles? These ones would be very easy to reroute the cables - they are even 12mm poles! You see the poles unscrew so that would allow you to cut and reterminate the cables to suit.

David

Last edited by BestGear; Oct 11th, 2010 at 21:11.