View Single Post
Old Oct 13th, 2017, 09:05   #9
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
  • replaced EGR bracket
  • replaced PowerPulse hose
Lexman, have you noticed any 'hissing' under moderate or hard acceleration since these jobs? I had both done last Friday, and a day or two back while driving in the car with media off, both my wife and I independently picked up on a slight hiss or swish sound for a second or two when accelerating. The sound appears to be coming from further back than the engine compartment, sort of in the transmission tunnel area. I'm wondering if its something to do with the EGR bracket replacement.

I've had the PP pipe replaced previously after noticing I could here the pump when the car was started at idle and a hissing sound from the engine compartment after the engine stopped, so not so sure why they did this recall. Perhaps its a replacement part now rather than an repair or replacement of the same part previously. Anyway, having experienced PP pipe issues, this hissing doesn't seem to come from the same area or exude quite the same symptoms, hence me wondering if its to do with the EGR bracket.

:wq