View Single Post
Old Mar 12th, 2007, 17:32   #10
jxkeefe

Smile Damper Motor Limit Position Lost?

I have a 96 850 GLT wagon. Last fall my battery failed due to a dead cell. Unfortuneately I did not know it until I tried to start the car one chilly morning. The car just barely started and for an instant the A/C and Recirc LEDs flashed. I replaced the battery and haven't seen the A/C and Recirc LEDs flash since however, I get very little airflow from the floor vent on either side of the climate control unit. I get good airflow in all other positions. I can hear the ventilation damper motor move the damper as I move the center control to various positions. It looks to me like the ECC stops moving the ventilation damper before the correct end of travel. It may have lost the correct position somehow during the bad battery startup. I lost the radio code and had to reprogram.

My AllData info suggests that I should get the ECC to reprogram the limits on the damper motors by putting the ECC into mode 4. This is accomplished with a Volvo scan which I do not have.

Anyone know how to get the ECC to reprogram the damper motor limits? AllData also suggests if one purchases a brand new ECC, the new ECC is programed to find the damper limits automatically. Is there a way to reprogram the ECC to do this function.

Where does one get technical electronic info about this car - Volvo Tech Manuals any help. AllData says use the Volvo scan tool which is prohibitively expensive.

Thanks to all for their time.
JXKEEFE
jxkeefe is offline   Reply With Quote