View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2020, 09:02   #10
zchael6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
Just to be cerratin, it doesn't flicker off momentarily when the engine first catches before the alternator puts the charge light completely out?

I'd check the fuses, also check the earth on the ABS modulator under the bonnet, if that goes that will bring the ABS light on permanently.

I'll try and find out which fuses you need to check but there should be two in your fusebox marked for ABS.

Usually unless a sensor has gone short circuit (rare) it takes until you're moving to show up a fault on a sensor on the ABS-2E system. If the warning light is on permanenlty, it's failing the initial self test which means fuses normally.
I'm not sure on yours if you'll have the over-voltage relay hooked on the side of the ABS ECU, there's a fuse on that as well if so.

It could be the ABS ECU as well but it's unusual they fail. I have a late 940 ABS ECU sat here, bought in error and was working when i got it. Not tried it as it has different connections to mine (same plugs but different pin out so wouldn't have worked) if you get stuck.
This is great info thank a lot. On the move today picking up things for the move in a van but will check the fuses when I get home. As the car is would you drive it?