View Single Post
Old Jun 12th, 2020, 01:45   #3
Vakito

Hi Scott, thanks for the advice

Yeah it looks like it's a fairly common problem but the solutions seem to widely vary between each individual.

Sorry I forgot to mention that I cleaned the spades and replaced the plastic connector on the fuel pump relay since it had actually melted due to the main pump drawing excessive amps during the time before I replaced the broken in tank pump. I have now also got the output of the new fuel pump relay going into the solenoid of a separate generic 40A relay to take the load off it.

As for the vacuum line, I have replaced all the old cracked rubber hoses with silicone vacuum hoses. However, a previous owner had fitted what looks like some kind of air filter although I'm not sure on the large vacuum hose going into the brake servo. I have no idea what purpose it serves and I have been meaning to swap it out for a standard piece of hose all the way for a while now but the engine still pulls a nice strong vacuum.

Another thing I haven't checked yet are the fuses, probably benefit from polishing the contacts

Peter
Vakito is offline   Reply With Quote