Thread: V50 G/box : - Powershift problem
View Single Post
Old Feb 4th, 2014, 15:40   #37
iadom

And it seems to be getting even better, it looks like both myself and more to the point, the garage concerned have got VERY lucky.

They replaced the gearbox oil and filter late yesterday afternoon and initially the fault message did not clear. The car was left overnight and then tried again today and it appears to be working perfectly.

I have just taken it for a 30 minute run and it was as smooth as usual, reverse selection was swifter than it has been for a few days now.

As I have a hire vehicle for a couple more days they are going to keep it and try it after standing overnight to see how it performs from cold.

It does appear that some Volvo garages are not up to speed on these boxes either as regards service. They contacted the nearest main dealer franchise to inquire about the correct oil and filter and whoever they spoke to had no idea what the answer was. He said they had never used either oil or filter and was dismissive of their question until it was pointed out to him that he should check the Volvo Service Schedule.

Fingers still crossed but not as tightly.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote