Thread: Flat Battery
View Single Post
Old Dec 24th, 2016, 12:55   #3
Zoo21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabbar40 View Post
hi

I'm a new owner of a beautiful Volvo XC90 2017 R-Design, which i've owned for less than 3 weeks. After returning from abroad yesterday following a weeks break we suffered a flat battery. Really surprised as never happened before in 25 years of driving and most certainly didnt expect that in such a new car! Anyone else suffer similar issues?

Volvo assistance service wasn't anywhere near as good as BMW breakdown...
That's really dissapointing, if not a bit shocking on such a new car.
There are reports of this on other threads and no doubt, owners will let you know their findings on the issue.
For other reasons, I was unhappy with my car and made it absolutely clear to the supplying dealer within four weeks that I was going to reject the car and insist on its collection. My dealer has falling over themselves to get my car fixed and make sure I am totally informed on the fixes and satisfied with any subsequent work required (my posts are all on excessive tyre noise thread)

As for Volvo assistance - again, it seems you have had an unfortunate experience.
My wife's Volvo threw a drive belt in Norfolk. The assistance van arrived within an hour, on a filthy day in November. The engineer jacked the car, removed the front offside wheel and the inner arch panel to access the pulley and tensioner - all whilst lying on the ground in pouring rain and my wife and myself standing over him with golf umbrellas. Poor bloke was drenched wet by the time he had fixed the car but by lord, did I write him a glowing report - and all that after he just would not "take a drink" from me - and then drove onto his next call in Felixstowe.

Hope you get to the bottom of this issue. Enjoy your new car.
Zoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zoo21 For This Useful Post: