View Single Post
Old Dec 8th, 2017, 08:31   #13
Redhead

The correct glass came

The fitter was lovely and very experienced. No problems with fitting until....."you do realise that you need someone else to come out and recalibrate your car electronics"

Given that I had at least 3 discussions with Autoglass, each one confirming a senior technician, each one confirming the new windscreen and calibration, I was not impressed.

To give the firm some credit though, the fitter then immediately called his manager, who called me back within 30 minutes. He asked if I was prepared to drive to Borehamwood. I said no, especially given the efforts I had made to ensure the correct technician was due to arrive. He agreed re-routed another technician who came before the first one had left and did the calibration straight away - YES

All sorted...... Very happy customer...... UNTIL it rained

Yesterday in the rain I noticed that the water was pooling in a long horizontal line, half way down the windscreen on something not visible - it looked like a smear on the glass from when they cleaned it (some sealant, too thin to notice when dry?). It wasn't going away and is directly in my view when driving. very annoying.

I called up Autoglass again to find out how to get rid of the smear. Apparently this is not something I can do.... they are sending out a warranty technician, who will look at it and probably fit another new windscreen - please may I wait in for another 5 hours..

The first available time - 11 days time!

on the one hand I am pleased that Autoglass are taking this very seriously. On the other hand - very annoying to have to be available all day again...
Redhead is offline   Reply With Quote