Thread: PCH v PCP
View Single Post
Old Dec 12th, 2018, 22:06   #11
steadvex
Master Member

As someone who sells cars, I really dislike PCP, I mean I get it from the business point of view, but personally I would never take it out, or recommend it, if someone wants it fine, but I would never push it.

on the other side, it makes no difference to me if its cash/pcp/pch so there is that, but then I wouldn't want to be sold something I don't want or need, if I ask for it, fair enough, if I'm asked, fair enough say no but don't push.

The best line I heard (in a BMW dealership) ah but sir, you will be bored of your sporty 3l straight 6 in 3 years time, you want PCP! Yes that's right, you will be bored of your ultimate driving machine, in my eyes that was enough to walk away.... I would of thought even Dacia dealers wouldn't tell the customer they will be bored of the new pride and joy they are about to spend a not insignificant amount of money on!

I don't work at a dealer, but have gone with friends to buy new cars, PCP is always pushed it seems no matter what brand!

er, actually I have bought a car on PCP, but then paid it off as for some reason on PCP it was much cheaper than buying it without finance...

Last edited by steadvex; Dec 12th, 2018 at 22:10.
steadvex is offline   Reply With Quote