Thread: Body/Trim: 850: - Plastic Bumper Tops - Renovate UV Fading
View Single Post
Old Apr 26th, 2019, 15:22   #24
Cookeh
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookeh View Post
Bit late to the party, perhaps, but I actually just applied Wurth Plastic Dye Plast PT to my bumpers yesterday. I went for the anthracite colour as I didn't want my bumpers to be solid black, more of the grey factory colour.

I have to say I am very impressed initially. Coverage is much more even than the regular detailing choices which failed to mask the zebra-esque striping and uneven fading. The Würth has managed to bring it all back to an even, factory looking colour which is exactly what I was looking for. It also doesn't have that horribly glossy wet look most detailing products impart. I can't, however, comment on durability or protection levels (i.e. beading of water etc) as its only been on for 9 hours at this point and the only weather we've had has been frost.
As an update to this the Würth treatment has now completely faded, leaving me with exactly what I had before. 6 months durability for 20mins of work is definitely quite something. I will say I didn't apply any other protectant over the Würth at all, something like CarPro PERL or 303 Aerospace with UV protectants would probably have extended that quite significantly.