Thread: XC70: Body - Rear tailgate will not open
View Single Post
Old Nov 8th, 2019, 22:22   #43
Houndwagon

Default Another dodgy tailgate :(

So... my recently acquired 2013 XC70 has developed the "tailgate wont open" problem, accompanied by the non-working rear wiper. Something that I haven't seen mentioned I the forum is the information message displayed on the dashboard accompanying the fault - I might be being din but I cannot find this display explained anywhere... I have attached the picture of the displayed message, which I assumed meant the tailgate was open, so I stopped and tried to open and close the tailgate and well, you can guess the rest! The first time this happened it went away within 20 minutes but it has returned today (4 days later) and shows no signs of going away. I have messaged the dealer I bought the car from but as he is 80 miles away I dont really want to spend a day getting the car back to him... any advice appreciated!

Okay - so the link to an image share url won't work - basically it's the representation of the car with five seats showing which belts are fastened and showing what doors are open - the tailgate section is highlighted which I assumed meant it was open... what I am actually thinking now is that it "thinks" it is open and that is what's causing the issue - see if I can get it open in the morning...

Last edited by Houndwagon; Nov 8th, 2019 at 22:32. Reason: Picture not displaying
Houndwagon is offline   Reply With Quote