View Single Post
Old Sep 24th, 2009, 21:58   #23
Jonners

Angry South Hants Garage, Southampton

As a new (to me anyway) Volvo owner I thought I'd done the research and chosen carefully when looking for a garage to carry out the 48k service on my 4 year old S60.

With an MOT imminent I also asked the guys at South Hants to give the car a once over so as to avoid any nasty surprises at the test. They gave it a clean bill of health and I received a tyre condition report showing all wheels to be legal. That was a fortnight and 200 miles ago.

Yesterday I had the car MOT'd and imagine my surprise when it failed the test on tyre condition. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen the condition of the tyres with my own eyes. The inside shoulder of each front tyre was totally bald and there was actually a strand of cord showing through one of them! So not only were the tyres illegal but also a serious alignment issue was highlighted too. But not by South Hants Garage who apparently have different standards to the MOT test boys! Makes me wonder what else they missed and whether I was wise to choose them in the first place.

I won't be going back again and you probably shouldn't either.
Jonners is offline   Reply With Quote