Thread: 262 General: - V6 not starting
View Single Post
Old Dec 20th, 2020, 12:32   #16

Wink

Hi Guys, Many thanks for your responses.
Just an up date.
The high pressure pump I found was to be working after the few swift taps of the hammer Though it seemed to be screaming its head off as we cranked the car over. It still had the same pressure at the fuel distributor, so I disconnected the main fuel pipe from the pump to the engine bay filter and blew compressed air through the line. The result, now a cleared line as it blew out bits that looked like nutshell fragments
I removed all the lines and blew the air through them all, we now have good pressure from the high pressure pump. Put it all back together to have very good fuel pressure at the fuel distributor inlet from the main feed. There is still only very low pressure coming out of the Fuel distributor, not what I would expect to open the injectors. The odd thing is that the car tries to start and will run for a second or too. No Easy start either! Condemned to back of garage
There is quite a lot of fuel pressure being returned to the tank too when cranking it over.
I am now wondering if the main fuel feed line from the filter is bolted to the fuel distributor in the wrong place. The main return and main feed pipes in are the same size and as the system has been messed with before we took it apart wouldn't surprise me
Until we have fuel at the injectors I don't really want to spend the money on new injectors just yet. I will try and google a photo of the fuel distributor laid out and go from there. Also just thinking reading this back to myself, might have some of the crushed nut shells trapped in the fuel distributor
Yes the in-tank ump did work although the wires were wrongly connected as positive earth it was working backwards.

Pete
1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1978 For This Useful Post: