View Single Post
Old Jul 13th, 2004, 01:03   #1
Paul_Ford

Hi,

I took delivery of my XC90 back in March, it's had all the phone echo problems and such like rectified by various software downloads - however one significant (in my eyes) fault remains - the steering pulls noticeably to the nearside at all sppeds in excess of about 20 MPH.

Volvo UK tell me there is no known issue with these cars, yet the dealer still insists that these cars are set up with 'neutral' steering and that they will therefore have a tendency to follow the camber!

However, I took the car out from the dealer's premises last week, and on a left hand bend, with the motorway noticeably cambered (sloping)to the offside, at 60MPH the car veered to the NS lane from the centre lane within about 400 metres.

I think the castor angle is wrong, but I'm assured by the dealer that they've performed a 4 wheel alignment and that everything is correctly set.

I've recently been driving a '98 V70 XC, an '02 V70 2.4S, a '96 850 2.0 GLT and a '90 740 2.0 GL - none of those cars exhibit the same tendency.

I can't imagine that it makes a difference but my car is fitted with speed sensitive steering.