Thread: Buying an XC90
View Single Post
Old Sep 14th, 2008, 20:01   #8
bircham

Quote:
Has anyone got any recent experiences/comments about protecting the surfaces in a new vehicle?
I have applied the supagard protection myself - buying the kit off ebay and just following the instructions. takes a little while to apply thoroughly (you apply with the impregnated sponge) and then wait for it to dry thoroughly. All you do then is polish off with a soft clean cloth. You also get the carpet protector which is just a typical polymer spray - I did the carpets all over but obviously not the leather. Do not pay for the dealer to do this. i used to work in a car dealership and we bought to packs for £30, sold them for £299 and the salesman got a £50 commission.

It's okay and I think it helps to keep the dirt for 'soaking in' so to speak. By buying it yourself you can also reapply it as and when requiredas the sponge can doe several cars. There is no science to it and the 'extras' you get by buying from the dealer are just not worth it.

Jon