View Single Post
Old Jan 15th, 2020, 09:55   #15
Markos01

Quote:
Originally Posted by domhart10 View Post
price is a tough question cause you are after the more petrol headed people now as the majority want great mpg and the latest tech which these dont even compare to.

So if im in the market for the 2.5 engine, you might struggle as even though yours might be a rare car ... just across you have the ST's which are selling for less online with a much bigger and modern spec than yours and delivering more power ... If you visit the ST/RS FB page you will see they are constantly selling and being snapped up.

I recon yours would sell for that price, but you would really have to wait for that perfect person only wanting a C30, in white and a manual T5 which isnt that common but they will defenitly appear ... just depends how long you want to wait.

I would say keep it as it is really and wait till the summer to see if you start to get more interest.
The C30 is a bit of a quirky under-the-radar-car, and reviews say the T5 it's not as accomplished as an ST in terms of being a driver's car, but I wouldn't really touch an ST: not a fan of the image, the looks or the interior, and I've had much quicker, focussed cars so outright pace or handling wasn't key for me, and unless you track it it's not really an issue... At the right price this car will shift, I'm just letting the price reflect the provenance/condition/spec of it, which in the first couple of weeks is fine to do IMO. If no dice then I drop/return to standard as even performance cars a have bigger market when standard.

As for holding on till spring/summer, I just don't need two big-ish engined cars for long journeys and come April 3 doors won't work and the Beemer estate will be needed. If you factor in running costs over the next few months vs getting a good price in better weather it's swings and roundabouts.

I'm lucky in that I'm not in a mad rush to sell, and I am fully aware I've put it for top end money – which I think the car genuinely backs up being as objective about it as possible. So in my mind: try to sell for good money, then drop or return to standard after two weeks. Chances are it will go off sale after this weekend for 3 weeks whilst it get's put back to standard. I have all the original parts bar the suspension (bought the car with the Koni/Eibach set up) but I've got a couple of options of picking up an original suspension already

Whoever buys it will be getting a lovely car, and I am biased but I do think what a stunning looking car!