View Single Post
Old Jan 15th, 2020, 10:15   #17
Markos01

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMelon View Post
It's a hard one, I think those after a 5 pot turbo will automatically go for the Focus ST and not give the Volvo a thought.

IMO, most get the Volvo because they're essentially the same car for less money. High spec/sleeper image is just a bonus but I wouldn't say those after an ST care about that.

Sadly, you can get quite a few ST's of the same age/similar mileage as yours for the same price/bit less than yours, which puts yours in the market for someone who is adamant they want a Volvo C30 T5 and is willing to pay for the right one, that's about it really.

T5 prices are rock bottom at the moment, so it's a tough sell, I'm sure it'll go though
Interesting thoughts FM. I am very possibly in the minority as someone who had/has zero interest in an ST, but appreciate there may well be many ST wannabe-owners who go for a T5 due to price. I'd have thought the staid Volvo image would have put them off to be honest but that just my opinion.

We'll see what happens over the next few days/weeks: ultimately the market will decide its value