View Single Post
Old Jan 15th, 2020, 10:33   #18
lockstock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markos01 View Post
The C30 is a bit of a quirky under-the-radar-car, and reviews say the T5 it's not as accomplished as an ST in terms of being a driver's car, but I wouldn't really touch an ST: not a fan of the image, the looks or the interior, and I've had much quicker, focussed cars so outright pace or handling wasn't key for me, and unless you track it it's not really an issue... At the right price this car will shift, I'm just letting the price reflect the provenance/condition/spec of it, which in the first couple of weeks is fine to do IMO. If no dice then I drop/return to standard as even performance cars a have bigger market when standard.

As for holding on till spring/summer, I just don't need two big-ish engined cars for long journeys and come April 3 doors won't work and the Beemer estate will be needed. If you factor in running costs over the next few months vs getting a good price in better weather it's swings and roundabouts.

I'm lucky in that I'm not in a mad rush to sell, and I am fully aware I've put it for top end money – which I think the car genuinely backs up being as objective about it as possible. So in my mind: try to sell for good money, then drop or return to standard after two weeks. Chances are it will go off sale after this weekend for 3 weeks whilst it get's put back to standard. I have all the original parts bar the suspension (bought the car with the Koni/Eibach set up) but I've got a couple of options of picking up an original suspension already

Whoever buys it will be getting a lovely car, and I am biased but I do think what a stunning looking car!
it's a beautiful car, hopefully you will get the asking. I'd expect if you can spend the time you will get more money if you return car partly to standard. Reasoning... You will get book price for the car still as a true buyer wont be put off by standard wheels, but also wont pay a premium for non standard wheels. Also, if real BBS rims, you will get excellent money for them off the car. If the other parts you remove are similar quality and compatible with focus ST you will also get a good price for them. Lastly, you can command better prices for the parts as I'm assuming you can store them and wait longer for the right price.

Downside is your time is worth money and returning car to standard, and multiple sale items is all hassle. lovely car mate, hope it sells easy
lockstock is offline   Reply With Quote