Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old Dec 10th, 2018, 23:10   #7
noddycat

I'm very happy with the ride and handling of my SE Lux, which seems fine for such a big barge. Remember too that an R-Design won't have space (because of the extra exhaust pipe) for a temporary spare wheel, and has to make do with a compressor and can of gloop. It's not a big deal for some, though I like the security of a spare, even if it is a skinnier temp one just to get off a busy motorway at night.

In terms of good-to-have specs, I really like the xenon active bending lights - best I've had on any of my own cars - and the rear air con controls are good too as I quite often bung kids in the third row - definitely helped this summer on a trip to France. I'd have liked front parking sensors and a reversing camera, but they're relatively rare options.

I've got the sat nav and it's usable but a bit clumsy - certainly not a must have - and as mentioned RSE is fine but more modern tablets clipping on the headrest are more adaptable. Though my kids just use their own phones / tablets. Heated seats, factory Bluetooth and USB input for iPod etc all nice to have too. I've also got the power child locks and second / third row audio controls (as in the Family Pack) but these haven't been used much.
noddycat is offline   Reply With Quote