View Single Post
Old Feb 17th, 2024, 13:18   #15
BrianFarnet

I too have had a nightmare with Sentinel.

I flipped my old volvo in June 2023 as my original 4 year term was coming to an end. They were a bit slack getting my new car to me but got it eventually.

When doing my quarterly accounts I noticed that 2 payments had been coming out monthly, the original payment for my old car and the new payment for the new one. I contacted Santander, who were financing both deals, and they told me that Sentinel had not settled the accounts for my old car. I contacted Sentinel imediately and asked them why they hadn't settled and was told that they had and it must be some clerical error. They also told me Santander were very difficult to deal with and had since ceased using them to finance. I was advised not to cancel the original DD and that they would fix the problem.

Nine months later and after many calls and emails, the majority of which were ignored, plus visiting in person, the situation is still unresolved. I have had 2 payments come out each month and now Santander want the £10k final settlement figure for the original car. I complained to Santander but they found that I am liable for everything. I have since complained to the financial ombudsmen.

This week I discovered that Sentinel have locked their doors to all their staff. I am unsure what to do next other than to wait to hear what the ombudsmen have to say. All seems pretty criminal in my eyes and has caused me an unbeleivable ammount of stress.
BrianFarnet is offline   Reply With Quote