View Single Post
Old Jul 4th, 2020, 17:21   #812
RS3100

Quote:
Originally Posted by colnet View Post
Just another nail in the coffin for the post office, I haven't experienced any difficulties with other post companies ie dps, Hermes etc, the post office will be using the covid bulls##t excuse for the next couple of years if they last that long, they are a dinosaur so when the management strips it of every penny which won't be long it will die, good riddance to bad rubbish.
Can't disagree, but I can't say that other couriers are always any better, at least in this country where a couldn't care less attitude seems to be endemic. I exclude our local DHL driver from that comment, but Hermes are absolutely hopeless.

Last week I had a parcel despatched from Germany. From the sender notifying DPD of a collection, to the parcel arriving at the UK gateway, took less than 12 hours. It took another three days for DPD UK to deliver it and update their tracking system to tell me that I had received it. Unfortunately I hadn't received it, and two days later whilst they were still telling me that their systems confirmed that I had accepted it, a very nice gentleman from a village several miles away turned up to hand over my parcel which had been delivered to him. At least he had the same house number.

Had a previous experience with DPD where the driver had just dumped the parcel on a random doorstep in a street a couple of hundred yards away from its destination, presumably because he was following his satnav which had directed him to the other side of a playing field to the address in question, and he couldn't be bothered to drive round to the right side.
RS3100 is offline   Reply With Quote