View Single Post
Old Jul 27th, 2018, 07:22   #14
john langrick
Master Member

Hi, a word of warning here. Mine is a my 2003 in fact same coluur as yours. When I purchased it two years ago, one of the known problems was a broken n/s wing mirror. The glass was missing.

When I tried to fix, I discovered that the cradle that supports the mirror, sits in a plastic socket set into the mirror motor housing. There are two pins, one at the side and one I think at the top or bottom. Motors pull these pins in and out to tilt the mirror and it rocks on a plastic ball in the cradle, set in the plastic socket set into the motor. The 'lips' on this socket break, probably in my case because they became brittle with age.

So I suggest be warned that you could damage this socket on the motor, or the clips that retain the mirror.

I personally would mask the mirror, but with good quality masking tape that does not adhere too well and be gentle with the mirror.

In my case I replaced the whole assembly, case motor and all. If I remember was pretty easy to remove, but yours could easily be removed to spray off the car also. The tricky bit is removing the little triangular tweeter speaker cover which has small pins on it that can break. The door card just pops off and there are two plugs and sockets to remove. A long 10mm socket is also required.

I hope this helps
john langrick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to john langrick For This Useful Post: