Thread: V60 Inscription
View Single Post
Old Jul 21st, 2018, 12:09   #30
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by familymangreg View Post
The D5 in my XC90 is the weakest link, returning around 32mpg and not being overly powerful or refined.
Have to agree about the D5. It's the most unrefined diesel engine of the ones I'm familiar with (BMW, VAG).

Mine sounds positively agricultural except at motorway speeds. Having said that, a loaner I had at the last service seemed quieter and it left me wondering if mine was built on a Friday afternoon what with the noise and the amount of soot deposited on the tailpipes.

I'm not really a fan of premium fuels (snake oil?) but on the odd occasion I've fill up with it the engine does seem to run smoother (or I'm kidding myself). I filled up this morning with BP Ultimate at £1.47 same as I usually do when Amex have their offer of a £5 credit when you spend £50 on fuel. The current offer is for every BP fill-up until end Aug. I'm so easily bought...