View Single Post
Old Nov 24th, 2018, 22:59   #17
FK77

Not great. Neither the delay nor the fact that you only found out when you contacted them rather than the dealership informing you. This attitude, especially after an already unacceptable delay, is rather astonishing. You’d think by this stage they would be proactive and try to do everything to prevent customers getting annoyed enough to consider cancelling their orders. I understand the delays are from Volvo and not the dealership but they represent Volvo ... we didn’t buy direct from Volvo.

If mine also gets delayed by another month, it will take us into 1st/2nd week of February. At that point I wouldn’t want to take delivery until March so that I can get a 19 plate. Thankfully, the delay doesn’t impact us much. Presently we aren’t driving other than to supermarkets/shopping centres at the weekends in the “stopgap banger” that I bought few weeks after selling our previous car. Don’t see any long car trips on the horizon and we’ll be away for some time too.

One of the reasons I moved away from the other marque was manufacturer’s and dealers’ lack of customer care. Volvo and dealers not looking very promising on that front either, unfortunately.
FK77 is offline   Reply With Quote