View Single Post
Old Oct 17th, 2019, 12:15   #9
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentish View Post
Thanks for the replies,

@simonjedrake
Funny thing is my dealer does not fit dash cams at all, they always have a third party in to install them. They would not accept the unit being removed and cables left as they stated they did not know how and where it had been connected to the car.

In all it's a great shame that this is going so wrong as I truly was impressed with the dealer. This is the 3rd Volvo I have bought from them and until now have only had servicing carried out, this is the first "issue" I have had with the car that the dealer not only caused but has had to deal with and to say I am unimpressed is putting it very mildly. I now feel that when I contact them for an update they are not pleased to hear from me as this problem is hovering over the too difficult to deal with bin.
Time will tell but I think the relationship between customer and dealer is being irretrievably broken.
@Kentish
As I mentioned in my earlier posting, I strongly believe since you have already had a new VCM module fitted that your problem now needs the associated software fix and just needs your dealer to just "Force" through a software reload of the applicable software module.
To back up @SwissXC90's comments, that is indeed the route that I would expect the dealer tech to go if they are still scratching their head unable to solve the problem - though a more experienced pragmatic master tech may often take a more realistic diagnostic route....
Fingers Crossed.