Thread: V50 Engine 2.0D : - DPF regeneration/cleaning too often?!?
View Single Post
Old Nov 24th, 2011, 21:29   #12
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timebandit View Post
If the DPF is almost full a light would be lit in the DIM. Also there should be a fault code in ECM. There are not.
Something is telling ECM to regenerate. I have tried to read as much as I can in Volvo VIDA and it seems that it's only the Pressure Sensor (at the Battery) that tells to regenerate or not.

If the ELOYS is empty there should also be a fault code for this, says VIDA. If this really is true I don't know. The fault code and detailed information is in VIDA documents.

But, I know that the electrical components does not always give a fault code as it should. I remember my MAF went bad on my old Volvo V70 1998 and the diagnostics could not detect this.

If the problem still exists after the 180.000km service (Service is due to Monday) I'm thinking to try replace the Pressure Sensor and hope it will fix the problem.

Does the ECU store information how many times DPF regeneration has occured? If so, do you know where to find this in VIDA?

I only have 30km to work and during this time it regenerates 2 times! So basicly it regenerates about 4-5 times per day!
In the manual for the car it says it should regenerate about every 300-900km depending how you drive etc.
Why not e-mail Volvo customer service with VIN no and ask them to sort it?
961 is offline   Reply With Quote