View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2012, 10:34   #4
DaveNP
Non VOC Member

If you've got the luxury of not needing it urgently start watching various car sales web sites, get a 'feel' of what's out there both quality and price, contact the sellers if you see something you like and ask questions - milage, MOT, service history, cambelt replacement etc. If you don't need the car immediately don't rush into a purchase and if the price goes beyond what you want to pay 'walk away', you may miss a good car but there's lots out there so better to wait for the next good one rather than buy a lemon in haste. Don't put too much weight on 'goodies', roof rails, rear spoiler, alloy wheels, fancy sound system are all bolt on bits which can be sourced later if the basic car is a good one.
I don't get the impression that there's anything major to watch out for other than the normal wear and tear and service history that you'd look for on any car, the V70 2.5 is no sports car but should handle reasonably well and have decent acceleration, but if you've had an 850 you'll know what to expect.
It took me a couple of months to find my V70 and I 'walked' from a few,- too high a price, poor response from the seller- but ended up paying just £820 for a 98 2.5 with 88thousand on the clock, it has needed a few bits over the 2 years I've had it but nothing extreme.
Happy hunting!

David
V70 2.5 10v Torslanda Manual 98 Sreg

Last edited by DaveNP; May 28th, 2012 at 10:38.
DaveNP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DaveNP For This Useful Post: