View Single Post
Old Nov 8th, 2014, 11:13   #9
Clan
Experienced Member

[QUOTE=Ibby667;1775409]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
Firstly the oil will be fine until the next 54000 mile service ,
The oil to use is Volvo castrol SLX longtec 0w/30 specification A5 B5 which is the specification that makes it suitable for 18000 miles , it wont get sludged up or anything .. ( Possibly superceeded by the same rating Castrol Edge now ) This will help well with fuel consumption .
with this engine with the Particulate filter if 2006 or later fill the oil with 5.8 litres rather than 6.4 , this is the new recommended level which is about 30% down from MAX on the dipstick ...

HI there, I am looking to change the oil tomorrow using the "castrol edge titanium fst 0w30 A5B5" and I have check with the dealer as they confirmed that all software are updated and i need to add 6.2L not 5.8l?

Its a S60 S 2006 with 58k miles! what do you recomand and why..
Thank you
I recommend what I said above ! And it isn't what I recommend it is what VOLVO recommend , if you fill with 6.2 litres you will have a " ENGINE SYSTEM SERVICE REQUIRED" message shortly after which could cost £60 + for the garage to sort out.

I take it the software has already been updated on the previous service with the free service promise software from what you say ? Or do you mean it has had the New Oil level Recall ?