Thread: V50 Electrics : - Tailgate Microswitch Problems
View Single Post
Old Apr 18th, 2010, 20:07   #1
BCBilbo

Default Tailgate Microswitch Problems

My 2005 T5 tailgate stopped opening so I took it apart, of course. After using my meter, I was able to figure out that a microswitch was the problem, which is a big pain as this is the only thing preventing my tailgate from opening. (unless I use a small wire to connect the leads on the wiring harness coming out of the tailgate). I see in other posts there have been recommendations to re/re the microswitch, but it is incorporated so intensely into the assembly that I don't think this could be done. Maybe?

I contacted Coquitlam Volvo in BC and was told by the parts tech. that I would need to buy a whole new handle assembly for approx. $150.00 Canadian, which, to me, seems like buying a new car when you get a flat tire. Sigh. His only advice was to go to a used parts place and look for something I could use. I live in Kamloops, BC, which is a big truck town, and I've never seen any significant Volvo parts in this town so I'd have to go to Vancouver (3.5 hours away) to look for a used part. Truthfully though, I don't want a used switch, and I'm sure many people would agree with this.

So I'm posting this to see if anyone has some ideas for me. I'm including some pictures to help out with my explanation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Harness.jpg (338.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg Switch 1.jpg (387.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Back of switch.jpg (370.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Needed part.jpg (252.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Parts not needed.jpg (254.0 KB, 9 views)
BCBilbo is offline   Reply With Quote