Thread: Engine: D5: - HELP please FUEL FILTER CHANGE
View Single Post
Old Jul 31st, 2010, 17:19   #4
Bernard333
Premier Member

Chris , have changed the fuel filter on mine with the gauge showing three quarters full and it stopped eventually , have had mine off three times and also removed the fuel pump from the tank about five times due to a failed pump and broken cross feed pipe . The filter is below the level of the tank but the feed pipe to it is coming from the output from the fuel pump and unless the pump motor is running or the engine mounted pump is sucking then the flow should stop eventually. My D5 has the paper filter with plastic cannister same as yours , you do have the ignition switched off ? You could also lift up the back seat and take the round cover off the right hand side and then remove the fuel outlet pipe ( the fuel pump has arrows showing flow direction ) and bung it up if its continuing to flow ( would take about five minutes ) but this shouldnt be necessary , have you got a full tank of fuel ?

'or the engine mounted pump is sucking then the flow should stop eventually' - sorry just reading this again I am obviously wrong , the engine mounted pump couldnt suck fuel through in this situation

Last edited by Bernard333; Jul 31st, 2010 at 17:45.
Bernard333 is offline   Reply With Quote