Thread: Amazon: - Accident Repairs : AMAZON 122
View Single Post
Old Dec 4th, 2018, 23:19   #5
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS07 View Post
Hi Robert,

Most grateful for your reply & advice, thank you!

I must add this is exactly why I became a member of this forum and a VOC member : tremendous like minded Volvo folks!

I've seen the panel at Brookhouse Volvo - calling Simon about that tomorrow.
Ordered the headlight bezel from Brookhouse earlier today, so all good there.

A respray, in fact a fresh paint job on the new panel would be ideal.

May I contact you separately re options, estimates etc please?

Do you think it's best to replace a damaged/dented panel for an entirely new panel ?

Generally I'm not keen on rejuvenating a dented panel ; weakened / stress metal doesn't provide maximum assurance.

Also concerned that a single freshly painted panel is going to show up against the current coat, itself in terrific knick and I had costed with Gtechniq last Autumn.

Cheers and big thanks for getting in touch - It's crushing to see her damaged, worse that it was due to some unknown knitwit.

Cheers!
Your welcome this forum is a great resource for keeping in touch with like minded volvo Enthusiasts who love their cars to help maintain them .

In regards to best course of action and what panels to use new or repair
I would basically use a rule of thumb it’s your car how long are you planning on keeping the car ? Like me I try to hang on to these cars aslong as possible and enjoy them if your car is long term and you love it I would fit new you know then it’s as perfect as it can be to then last a long time .
Repairing dented panels is when it’s a case of budget and needs must for some if they are still saving up to later fully respray then that’s not so bad to have a wing repaired and sprayed in as it’s just to get you through a year or so , if it’s only lightly dented any good Bodyshop could repair - epoxy primer - base coat ... top coat etc to make a nice job that should last a fair amount of time it’s all about the preparation when it comes to bodywork the more prep the longer it will last ( and paint material quality used ) .

Feel free to contact me I’m more than happy to chat on all things volvo especially Amazons !

Don’t worry to much your car will look better soon , it sounds like you have everything under control .

Just come up with a clear action plan of work required and a budget that works to get your car fixed and it will be ok .

Kind regards
Robert.w

I grew up on classic volvos hence my passion for them born and breed into the lifestyle !
123GT-AMAZON is offline   Reply With Quote