View Single Post
Old Aug 17th, 2019, 07:20   #19
Zebster
Upstanding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOzS90 View Post
Not abusive at all. I merely stated your sentence was bull****. Just a few posts up an S90 owner has pointed out his surprise at the high value of his used car. My S90 is also worth much more than I expected having recently enquired - with this in mind was I supposed to agree with you? I didn’t buy my car brand new so the depreciation I’ve encountered in 2 years of ownership is minimal and less than expected.

And your two links to posts refer to older non SPA cars with disappointing trade in values. Not the cars this section of the forum covers.

And I know this as we also own one of the older inferior cars and have received the same recall letter.

And as a general rule of thumb - most cars lose about 50% of their retail value after 3 yrs with the vast majority of that in the first 6 months. It ain’t rocket science!!
So no evidence then, just a personal anecdote? You don't have to agree with me, just please try to control your abusiveness when disagreeing! And your unpleasantly superior tone is noted ('older inferior cars')...

Unless it's the later AdBlue equipped engine it'll suffer the same VEA problems, whatever platform it's installed in. The recall is for that four cylinder diesel engine over an age range, not particular models.