View Single Post
Old Oct 18th, 2008, 19:55   #2
Audrey Old
VOC Member

Default 164 key

Listed after your first post (in the oher section) are some options as to getting your new car movable. However, I assume your use of the word "manual" refers to ownership documentation - we call it either the registration document or V5 here. A manual here is a maintenance guide.

If you don't have this document you could quote the cars various numbers to your authorities and they may be helpful so a dealer can perhaps match it (but not if the lock has subsequently been changed). The proper Vehicle Identity Number is stamped down the hinge-piller of a front door (drivers one over here): there is a body plate rivetted to an inner wing/fender under the bonnet/hood, a plate with the colour etc on the bulkhead somewhere and the engine number stamped on part of the engine quite near the spark plugs. With these I contacted our registration centre, at Swansea, when I got a 164 without papers (or even registration plates!) and they came up with the paperwork OK. However, as I said in my last mail, we cannot get keys cut without proof of vehicle ownership, which means getting the documents registered in your name first.

Otherwise, out with the drill, as I said before.....

Paul
Audrey Old is offline   Reply With Quote