View Single Post
Old Feb 18th, 2021, 17:15   #3
GaryB1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyman View Post
Others will no doubt confirm but one of the last actions in the Volvo installation instructions is to download the software for the trailer module.

This not only deactivates the rear fog light and rear parking sensors when the van is connected but also uses the cars light checking system to check the van lights and most importantly uses the cars DSTC system to control and prevent any snaking.

Anyone who tells you different is telling you “ porkies”.
Thanks, this isn't a Volvo wiring harness, but a PF Jones plug-in harness. The only "cut & shut" required on the wiring is for the fog light delete. The new loom has two connections that are connected to either end of the cut black/yellow fog light feed and ensure that it is deactivated when the trailer socket is connected.

All well and good but when we tried it after he'd fitted it the fog light stayed on but the fuel gauge dropped to empty...... Apparently Volvo use the same colour wire for both fuel gauge and fog light.

I wonder whether the non-Volvo loom cannot be coded but a Volvo one can? I asked my dealer last year when it went in for a service and he said "no" as did the loom manufacturer but I'll ring a few others and ask for advice as from what I can understand most other makes of car can do this.
GaryB1969 is offline   Reply With Quote