View Single Post
Old Feb 24th, 2021, 17:23   #39
ChasesDragons

Again,
Thank you all for your help. I have two threads going and they are starting to converge. My apologies if it is causing any confusion.

Briefly,
I did set the meter to 20k. The sensor returned errors as described above. I was lucky to have the identical sensor in a w114 merc engine I had stored. Since that gave sensible reads, I installed it into the B20E. The problems are unchanged. I tried shorting the connector pins to replicate low resistance (warm engine) to stop the fuel enriching process from the Coolant sensor, but there was no change in the vehicles behaviour.

I will order a cheap vacuum tester to test then MAP unit in the car - it is passing all the resistance checks but I would like to be sure by checking changes to dynamic vacuum. The MAP has little microfratures over it. The two halves are also secured by screws which is inconsistent with sites stating they should be riveted.

I think the next step is to check the condition of the wiring running to sensors etc. I don't know how to do it, but I am sure there will be answers out there.

Warmest Regards and thank you again!
U
ChasesDragons is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ChasesDragons For This Useful Post: