View Single Post
Old Apr 13th, 2020, 20:42   #313
Ammorack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
NO!!!! That's just pure guesswork!

You need to check item #32 in that diagram by removing the cam pulley bolt and ensuring it is still there and intact.
Once the bolt is out, you should find a large washer behind it that will cover the end of the roll pin (spring pin) and you may be able to see straightaway that the pin is missing by not being able to look further than the back of the pulley into the end of the cam shaft.

Do you have any Loctite Threadlock? Clean and degrease the cam pulley bolt and add a couple of drops to the bolt threads before final refitting of the cam pulley bolt to ensure the bolt doesn't work loose in service.

I’m thankful for the help I’m receiving. It’s not worth it anymore I have checked cam item 32 it’s there and not broken. Engine is timed now. It’s still the same bouncing tachometer, and idle is useless. Almost stalls. I have to say. Thanks for your help.

This car is not worth our time. This car is dead. It’s useless now. It’s not worth our time. It have seen better days. Its inside the engine the problem lies. But I won’t look inside. Too much work and effort.

This thread have been going for days now. Over 300 replies. This problem occurred first with a jumping tachometer sometime. But I didn’t mind it. Idling was fine. No problems aswell. One day the car wouldn’t start on the first try. But the second crank made it start. So I don’t know what the problem is. And I think you guys shouldn’t be thinking about this problem anymore. You guys have done your part and been very kind. It’s been fun.

I’m going to sell this car so someone who will either take care of it and fix it.

Either way. Thanks for the assistance

- Ammorack
Ammorack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ammorack For This Useful Post: