View Single Post
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 17:44   #15
jimbg
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmills01 View Post
I've a MY2011 car with the Sensus audio / nav. I understand that the data for the nav is held on a hard disk. Does anybody know if you can get the speed camera DB on that system?

I've previously downloaded speed cameras as POIs from an excellent web site www.pocketgpsworld.com and loaded them onto my TomTom. Is it possible to load speed cams as POIs onto the XC60 system and then get warned as per tem's messages?
Sent this query to Volvo:-
Please enter your message here: On the current XC60 Sat Nav there is an option to import extra POI's via USB or disk. Can you tell me what format that needs to be please?

First reply said:-
Dear Mr G,

Thank you for your email.

Currently we do not have a format which would support your request of importing extra points of interest on your model year vehicle. When you do receive your next Satnav update disc, it maybe updated with further points of interests.

Then when pushed had this reply from Volvo:-

Dear Mr G,

Thank you for your email.

I will contact our centrally located technical support team regarding your query, before I do this, can you please provide me with the below information. -Vehicle registration -Where it states that you can add your own POI -Which system you have? Garmin/Sensus or MMM2

Once I have this information, we can look into this further.

Kind regards

K

Customer Relations Consultant

Volvo Car UK Limited
REGISTERED OFFICE Globe Park, Marlow, Buckinghamshire, SL7 1YQ REGISTERED IN ENGLAND & WALES No 02281044
jimbg is offline   Reply With Quote