View Single Post
Old Sep 13th, 2017, 13:32   #9
SvenSomerset

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicswede View Post
Your best bet would be to have a go in a Amazon that is fully poly bushed and see if you like it.

Top wishbones are a must in poly, race cars use nylon in this position. For the panhard rod I do a softer grade poly to help is move as it is supposed to without binding. This binding of the panhard rod is the bump Derek describes and the old way of doing was to use rubber one end and poly the other.

The main thing is to pick what is right for you especially bearing in mind fitting will cost more than either type of bush
Well, thanks for the extra info – I emailed Simon at Brookhouse yesterday about bushes but haven't heard anything back. I didn't think of looking at your selection, sorry!

My wife's the driver in the family, I just do the 'sorting out', and we don't really know any other local Amazon drivers than Jamie, whose later model is just about to come back on the road after a major resto... it's likely that he's got rubber bushes, I reckon...

If you can supply a full kit of rubber / poly for our '64, including replacement bolts, etc, please let me know – I'm not just stuck on using Brookhouse as a supplier!

Last edited by SvenSomerset; Sep 13th, 2017 at 13:43.
SvenSomerset is offline   Reply With Quote