View Single Post
Old Aug 12th, 2018, 23:33   #12
Martin Cox
VOC Member

Likewise, at the end of July, my 20 year old V70 Tdi Auto with 223,500 miles passed without any difficulty at all. Although the vehicle is fitted with a catalytic converter, it's the original, and I don't think it's a terribly sophisticated affair anyway and it won't have any effect on visible smoke and particulates. It certainly predates the DPF. I understand you are allowed up to 6 accelerations to get within the required smoke limit. Only one was done and that was comfortably within the limit.

Although I don't recall ever seeing it written anywhere, I understood that generally a vehicle was not expected to reach a higher standard than it was capable of when it left the factory.

So in answer to the original question, I don't think it shouldn't make any significant difference to any older but well maintained car that doesn't have any modifications now deemed as MoT failues; such as non factory standard headlights or missing DPFs

Martin

Last edited by Martin Cox; Aug 12th, 2018 at 23:40. Reason: additional content added
Martin Cox is offline   Reply With Quote